MACS provides support to prescribers and their practices, pharmacists, and healthcare teams in addressing the needs of patients with substance use disorders and chronic pain management. MACS is made possible through funding from the Maryland Department of Health, Behavioral Health Administration and administered by the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
All services are free and regardless of your patients' insurance status:
- Providing for clinical questions, resources, or referral information
- related to substance use disorders and chronic pain management for continuing education credit
- Assisting in identification of that meet the needs of the patients in your community
- Individualized and capacity building to practices implementing or expanding office-based addiction treatment services
- : collaborative medical education through didactic presentations and case-based learning
- MACS for MOMs: support for maternal health providers in addressing the needs of their pregnant and postpartum patients with substance use disorders
The Maryland Addiction Consultation Service is administered by the University of Maryland School of Medicine and funded by the Maryland Department of Health, Behavioral Health Administration.