MACS provides support to prescribers and their practices in addressing the needs of their patients with substance use disorders and chronic pain management.
MACS is made possible through funding from the Maryland Department of Health, Behavioral Health Administration and administered by the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
All services are free and regardless of your patients' insurance status:
- Providing phone consultation for clinical questions, resources, or referral information
- Education and training opportunities related to substance use disorders and chronic pain management
- Assisting in identification of substance use and behavioral health resources that meet the needs of the patients in your community
- Individualized technical assistance and capacity building to practices implementing or expanding office-based addiction treatment services
- MACS TeleECHO™ Clinics: collaborative medical education through didactic presentations and case-based learning
The Maryland Addiction Consultation Service is administered by the University of Maryland School of Medicine and funded by the Maryland Department of Health, Behavioral Health Administration.