MACS provides phone consultation for clinical questions, resources, and referral information. Types of questions appropriate for MACS includes initiation, maintenance, or termination of buprenorphine, diagnostic questions, alternative medication treatment, pain management clinical concerns, co-occurring disorders, and discuss technical assistance needs. Additional topics can be found under the FAQ section.
How to request a consultation
Access the warmline
Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm
Through our secure survey
MACS is a warm line for non-emergency consultation services that provides de-identified, “curbside” consultation for providers about their patients. MACS does not provide or assume liability for any direct patient care. Consultation and resource requests are returned within 24 business hours.
- Call 855-337-MACS (6227).
- Provide information about your consultation question or request to our behavioral health consultant.
- For consultation requests and resources, we will address your request directly or arrange for one of MACS’ consultants to return your call at a time that is convenient for you (within 1 business day).
- MACS will send you a written summary of the call for your records.
- For technical assistance or ECHO inquiries, MACS will arrange for one of our specialists to return your request to best meet your needs.
All services are available free of charge, regardless of your patient’s insurance status.
The Maryland Addiction Consultation Service is administered by the University of Maryland School of Medicine and funded by the Maryland Department of Health, Behavioral Health Administration.